Wednesday, January 27, 2010

It Sucks Being Fat on Megan's Birthday

First things first.  I thrive on attention.  Some of you may or may not know I write stories and post them in an online community.  When I do that I get hundreds of comments every time I write something telling me I'm cool.  I am finding this blog rather unfulfilling when you don't leave comments. 

I have now only eaten things that are grown, for 17 days.  Sometimes the idea of eating another bite of a carrot just seems like too much, but I keep going. One or two nights I dreamed about food.  Oh I did finally break down and have a Starbucks, but if you know me - 2 in 2.5 weeks is really pretty good.

So last Friday my friend Megan invited me to go out for her birthday.  Megan is 25 and skinny and pretty, and I pretty much hate her except for the fact that she's nice and good at her job.  At her party there were a bunch of other pretty younger skinny girls that its ok for me to go ahead and hate, because I don't know them.  Actually, I must really like Megan, because I went out to dinner with a bunch of skinny people who got eat cheese while I only ate things that grow.  I thought I could handle it.  I thought I was strong enough, but I was wrong.

So everyone was there eating cheese and having a glorious time in their skinny little dresses. They were ordering drinks.  I don't really like beer, but suddenly I was like - everything in beer is grown! So for no reason except that I could, I ordered a beer.  So I'm sitting there drinking beer and pretending not to gag with every sip, when the waiter takes our orders. 

Girl I hate #1:  Crabcakes
Girl I hate #2: Southwest Wrap
Girl I hate #3: Cheeseburger
Girl I hate #4: Salmon (this usually doesn't sound good to me, but after 2 weeks of black beans being the most delicious food I'd eaten...)
Other girls I hate: Yummy food that has meat or cheese or bread.
Stacey:  Greek Salad with no Feta.... blech

The Greek Salad had lentils on it.  Is it me or is that just weird?

Anyway dinner went on, and it was fun enough.  I pretended to be enjoying myself and like I liked the skinny girls, but under the table my leg was shaking and I was holding my napkin so tight that my fingernails dug into my palms and I started to bleed. 

As I felt my heart rate increase my senses became acutely aware.  I could smell the Monterrey Jack slightly melted on top of one girl's Angus beef patty with a whole wheat bun.  My taste buds came alive and a small trickle of drool slid out the corner of my mouth dripping onto my chest. 

Maybe I was drunk.  Maybe the beer interacted with the black beans in my stomach causing a chemical reaction, but before I knew what was happening, I launched myself toward the cheeseburger.  Plates, glasses, and crab cakes went flying in every direction as the skinny girls let out a synchronized screech.  As I slid to a halt, half on the table half off, and grabbed the cheeseburger out of her hand mid bite, stuffing it into my mouth.  I was chewing and swallowing and stuffing simultaneously, determined to get in all the cheese before anyone pulled it away from me. 

I reached over for Megan's chocolate martini washing the last bit of ketchup and pickle down and then let out a belch that would have made my daddy proud. 

"Stacey!  What are you doing?!?!"  Megan shrieked.

"I. LOVE. CHEESE," I moaned and slowly raised myself up on all fours still on top of the table.  I crawled down it stopping at the various plates to taste the delecasies I had been depriving myself of.  Chicken.  French fries.  Broccoli.  Ew broccoli.  I spit it out, and it landed right on the cheek of a skinny girl.  Good.  She deserved it.  I continued until I got to the end of the table, and there waiting for me was the culmination of the most glorious meal I'd ever eaten.  CHEESECAKE.  Just as I picked it up with my bare hands to chomp down, I heard...

"FREEZE IT'S THE POLICE.  PUT DOWN THE CHEESE."

I slowly lowered the dessert and stood.  The jig was up.  I looked at the skinny girls who I hated and said defiantly as the officer cuffed me, "If loving cheese is wrong, I don't want to be right."


Please note:  Parts of the story have been changed for dramatic effect.  

I've lost 12 pounds.

8 comments:

  1. I'm just here to feed your need for attention. Now do a twirl. :) You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ARG! I can't believe I didn't get a message telling me you've been updating. What good is joining/friending (or whatever I did) your blog if it isn't going to tell me when you post?? I'm going to assume the cuffs were part of your dramatic license. :) You're doing great, Stace. I'll be here more regularly now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. 12 pounds! That is fantastic.

    Good visuals too. I think stuffing all the cheese in your mouth before they could get to it was a great defense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, I seem to fall into the category of people you hate/find annoying due to my relative skinniness and for that I apologize. On a lighter note, I also have lived without delicious wonderful cheese for 20 days, and find it sad, annoying, and unfair. But it is not allowed on my new eating adventure. Perhaps you can focus on our joint love of cheese, and forgive me my skinniness?!? Also, I hate that there is a McDonald's across the street......and that insurance companies suck. Yours, EF SLP.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Cindi Hemm's daughter here, she gave me your link! I think this blog is hilarious and will be making daily stops! Keep it up...you can so do this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I have found a loop hole here..oh it's just Ms. Christy by the way!1 anyway I figureed out the only grown thing after long hours of contenplation!1 So let us first adddress the Cappacino issue. Ok we are looking at coffee water milk and sugar. The water I hope is a given. Now Cows eat grass which is grown to produce milk so the milk is really a product of grown food i e grass coffee and sugar are both grown things so I think you are safe!! Now if we go back to the cow eating grass I think we have cheese covered as well refer to prior breakdown!! Everything in moderation Except laughing and loving those you should do in excessive amounts!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss you, Stace. (cheek touch) I love you, and I think you are getting funnier...

    ReplyDelete